“Dubrovnik Airport Development“ Project
Dubrovnik Airport is situated in Dubrovnik-Neretva County in Croatia. Dubrovnik-Neretva County is geopolitically isolated from Croatia and the European Union due to narrow land area and the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina. Dubrovnik Airport therefore plays a key role in securing the accessibility of the County to tourists, especially when considering the fact that more than 65% of tourists arrive by air transport.
In current state, Dubrovnik Airport cannot manage the predicted increase in traffic since its capacity is already used to its maximum. Further overload of different subsystems would affect airport functionality.
Due to the aforementioned, “Dubrovnik Airport Development” project is recognized as one of the key investment projects in the Republic of Croatia. Furthermore, the project is in accordance with Transport Development Strategy of the Republic of Croatia 2014 – 2020, and Transport Operational Programme 2007 - 2013. Realization of the project is in accordance with proclaimed objectives of Dubrovnik-Neretva County Traffic Isolation Declaration, Europe 2020 strategy and EU White Paper.
General project objectives are:
• Improving the traffic connection of the County with the rest of Croatia and the EU and preparing for Schengen rules,
• Facilitating uninterrupted mobility of people and goods and improving quality of life in the region,
• Decreasing unemployment, fostering regional development and investment activities,
• Resolving problems of congested Terminal Building and harmonisation with the international standards of air traffic.>
The project comprises:• Reconstruction of runway, taxiways and aprons,
• Reconstruction and adaptation of Terminal Building,
• Construction of waste management facilities and improvement of nature protection measures,
• Construction of sewage system and relocation of aircraft refueling facilities,
• Construction of administrative and other objects.
Dubrovnik Airport has signed two grant agreements with the Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure with the objective of realizing the aforementioned project.
For further information, please contact:
Paula Krmek, General Services Department Manager
Address: Dobrota 24, 20 213 Čilipi
Fax: + 385 20 771 465
Tel: + 385 20 773 361
EUROPEAN STRUCTURAL AND INVESTEMENT FUNDS
TRANSPORT OPERATIONAL PROGRAMME
OPERATIONAL PROGRAMME “COMPETITIVENESS AND COHESION”